Sunday, November 1, 2009

Politically I cut my teeth during the Reagan Revolution. I admired the ideals of Barry Goldwater. I was an ardent member of the GOP (not active just a believer). I used to vote straight line Republican. I ached the day after George Bush lost the election to Bill Clinton. I was angry again when the country saw fit to return Bill Clinton to the Presidency over Bob Dole (How could the country pick a dope smoking former hippie who protested against the United States on Soviet soil over a wounded WW2 hero?)
But lately I've noticed a change has come over me. I can't exactly pin point when it happened. Maybe it was when I was listening to G. Bush (43) lay out his proposals in one of his State of the Union addresses. I remember hearing a yearly budget of 1.7 trillion and I about fell out of my chair. Maybe it was the extreme letdown after the Republicans took over the House and the Senate. I figured O.K. we got the Presidency and the Congress surely NOW we will see the axe fall on spending. We will see a balanced budget, we will see unconstitutional entitlement programs come to an end, we will see a smaller Federal Government, but instead we saw Republicans outspending the "tax and spend" Democrats. Somewhere along the line it finally hit me that the Republicans talk a good talk, but don't walk the walk.
So I'm no longer a member of the GOP. I don't believe in the GOP anymore. I don't believe in a two party system anymore. I don't believe in politics as normal anymore. I'm tired of America slowly giving up her sovereignty either legislatively to the U.N. or through debt to China. I'm tired of the whole globalist mindset.
I am an unabashed conservative. I believe in Jeffersonian Republicanism. I believe in Natural Law. I believe in a VERY LIMITED Federal Government. I believe in balanced budgets. I believe in the Constitution of the United States. I believe that the ideals of John & Samuel Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, James Madison and a host of other Founders is what made this country great, and only returning to those idea's and ideals can save this republic.
I believe that "We The People" need to stop expecting goodies from the government. Believe it or not there was a time in our past when people actually thought about what was best for the Republic, not necessarily just for them or their pocketbook. Frugality was once looked on as a virtue. Many even questioned if you could have a republican form of goverment without it. Well I guess we are finding out about 12 trillion dollars down the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment